Roofing Contractors Near You
Roofing Contractors Near You
When you have a leak or need a whole roof replacement, BBB can help you find accredited roofing contractors near you. Search this list to find an Accredited roofing contractor near you.
Filter Your Search:
Related Roofing Contractors Information
Signs You May Need a Roof Replacement
The best way to determine whether you need a roof replacement vs. spot repairs is getting the opinion of professional. When a roofer visits they will want to know the age of the roof and will search for damage. A typical roof, made from asphalt shingles, has a lifespan of 20-25 years. Once a roof reaches this age, spot repairs may not make sense and professionals will likely recommend a roof replacement.
Besides the age of a roof, a professional roofer will be able to look at the following signs of damage and advise whether spot repairs or total roof replacement is necessary.
- Missing, buckling, and curling shingles. If the roof is young, these damages may be a sign that the roof is defective. Review your roof warranty before making a decision.
- Loose granules. Loose shingle granules, visible on the roof and in the gutters are a sign that the shingles are damaged.
- Spongy when walked on. If an area of the roof has a spongy texture when walked on, the roof is likely damaged.
How to Extend the Life of Your Roof
The most effective way to extend the life of your roof is through a proper and consistent routine of roof maintenance. Follow these preventative steps to help keep your roof healthy. If you find items of concern during your inspections, find an accredited roofing contractor.
- Check for signs of leaks. Look inside at the ceiling directly under the roof, usually the attic if your home has one.
- Safely clear off any debris. Search for and remove leaves, moss, branches, and any other loose debris that has landed on your roof.
- Remove overhanging branches. Trim any branches closer than 10 feet from your roof. This will help avoid branches falling on your roof during a storm and keep rodents and squirrels from climbing onto your roof.
- Replace any missing, loose, or damaged shingles immediately.
My Roof Was Damaged in a Storm. Now What?
If your roof is damaged due to a storm, it's important to move quickly and get a roof repair contractor. This timeline will walk you through the typical process:
- Do a preliminary inspection, immediately after the storm. Check the exterior and interior and take photos of any damage.
- Call your insurance provider as soon as possible to find out how to make a claim.
- Search for an accredited roof repair contractors. Get at least three estimates before selecting your roofing contractor.
- If the damage is more than your deductible, file a claim with your insurance.
- Meet with an insurance adjuster. If possible, have the contractor you plan on working with there to speak with the adjuster.
- Get your approved claim or appeal.
- Receive the first check from your insurance.
- Hire a roof repair contractor.
- Receive the second insurance check.
- Pay roofing contractor.
- Get a copy of your warranty from your roofer.
Accreditation and Ratings Overview
Select businesses earn BBB Accreditation by undergoing a thorough evaluation and upholding the BBB Accreditation Standards.