Lawn Maintenance Near You
Lawn Maintenance Companies Near You
If your lawn requires more time and attention than you can spare, BBB is here to help. Search this list to find an Accredited lawn maintenance company near you.
Filter Your Search:
Related Lawn Maintenance Information
Lawn Maintenance vs. Landscaping Services
Despite how it may appear, lawn maintenance and landscaping services are used by homeowners for very different reasons. Although both focus on maintaining the appearance and health of a yard, homeowners will often find themselves using one service more than the other.
- Landscaping services focus on more than routine lawn care. Landscapers are contacted for large projects and renovations, such as installing a brick path, designing the layout of a garden, or installing a sprinkler system or water fountain.
- A lawn maintenance company focuses on providing regular care. Common lawn care services include watering, removing weeds or invasive plants, cutting the grass on a regular schedule, and removing any small fallen branches or dead plants.
While landscape services cover larger projects, lawn maintenance companies provide standard services that many people routinely require during their time as a homeowner. Many lawn maintenance companies can also ensure your yard adheres to local zoning rules and HOA guidelines.
When DIY Lawn Maintenance Isn't Enough
Some people who possess the time and physical ability often attempt a few light lawn maintenance chores on their own. These DIY tasks typically include:
- Insect and pest removal
- Weed removal
- Fertilizing soil
- Watering plants
- Cutting grass
- Pruning shrubbery and trimming tree branches
Many of these tasks involve bending and lifting. It can be easy to overestimate your ability or the severity of the problem. For instance, pruning shrubbery may seem easy at first, but sculpting a neat line can prove more difficult. A lawn maintenance company can craft a desirable arrangement. Assess your ability and the tasks at hand to determine if your project is DIY or if you need to hire a professional lawn maintenance company near you.
What Does a Lawn Maintenance Company Do?
Lawn maintenance services provide homeowners peace of mind by creating a neat, professional appearance and ensuring the yard is healthy and safe.
Each yard has its own individual requirements. A lawn maintenance company will work with homeowners to ensure the desired appearance is achieved and the lawn is healthy. Popular lawn care services include:
- Light tree trimming
- Shrubbery shaping and pruning
- Mulching, fertilizing, and aerating soil
- Watering grass and plants
- Removing dead plants, weeds, and invasive plants
- Cutting grass
- Clearing space of any light fallen branches
- Planting flowerbeds
Seasonal protection, such as insulating plants from extreme temperatures, is another common service. Many homeowners search for a reliable lawn service company before the weather changes to avoid rushing to find a lawn care service to protect their yard as soon as the temperatures drop.
Accreditation and Ratings Overview
Select businesses earn BBB Accreditation by undergoing a thorough evaluation and upholding the BBB Accreditation Standards.