Electrician Near You
Electricians Near You
Electrical problems can be complicated and dangerous if not properly handled. BBB is here to help you find the right electrician to service your home or business. Search this list of Accredited electricians near you.
Filter Your Search:
Related Electrician Information
Common Warning Signs of Electrical Problems
Electrical problems seem to happen in a flash. However, there are several common signs which hint of an impending problem.
- Circuit Breaker Tripping: You might have a problem if your breaker trips often, or for no foreseeable reason at all.
- Shocks: Even a little shock when you plug in an appliance can lead to a greater problem.
- Replacing Light Bulbs Often: Frequently replacing light bulbs because they have burned out or because they do not hold the same brightness as before might be due to an unbalanced circuit.
- Flickering: Flickering lights are a common sign of loose circuits.
- Buzzing: A buzzing noise coming from your circuit box is likely caused by an overload of electricity.
- Hot outlet plates: Plugged in or empty, a warm outlet plate is a sign of frayed wires.
If you notice any of these warning signs, your home or business may be at risk of serious electrical problems.
What is a Master Electrician?
Master electricians are typically hired for extensive projects. In most cases, a master electrician is a journeyman who has studied for at least two additional years, but requirements vary by region. Some of the tasks that typically require a master electrician include:
- Laying out a new wiring system
- Determining the route and type of circuits to be used
- Supervising the journeymen
- Pulling permits
- Working with designers to determine the layout for a new home of renovation
The Importance of Hiring a Licensed Electrician
Safety is important when it comes to handling electrical problems and repairs. Some homeowners have the skill to replace electrical switches, sockets, and fuses. While there are some tasks you can DIY, there are many projects which should only be attempted by a licensed electrician. If you aren’t certain if your project requires hiring a licensed electrician consider this:
- Safety: A licensed electrician can safely fix any electrical problems that exist and check to verify future problems are prevented.
- Pass code inspections: If you ever plan on selling your home or business, you will be required to pass code inspections. Licensed electricians are trained in the requirements necessary to help your property pass inspection.
- Required by law: In many regions, certain projects are required by law to be handled by a professional.
If a problem occurs while you are trying to DIY an electrical project, turn off the main power and call a licensed electrician near you.
Accreditation and Ratings Overview
Select businesses earn BBB Accreditation by undergoing a thorough evaluation and upholding the BBB Accreditation Standards.