Construction Services Near You
Construction Services Near Me
If you’re planning a construction project for your home or business, one of the most important decisions to make is determining what types of construction services you need. Once you do, you can go about finding the right construction services company to provide them. Use the directory below to find highly rated construction companies near you. To see only BBB Accredited Businesses, use the filter.
Filter Your Search:
More Information on Choosing a Construction Service
Construction services can include everything from design to project management, and from pre-planning to execution. The company will cover things like getting permits, hiring subcontractors, and scheduling inspections. The staff you will deal with at a construction services company may include contractors, architects, builders, and other professionals.
The construction industry is vast and choosing a construction services company can seem overwhelming. The first thing to do is plan out the scope of your project and make sure you can describe it well. The clearer your vision, the more accurate information and estimates you can get.
Here are some things to investigate and to ask about to help you get started:
- Ask friends and family for references. Talk to people who had similar construction projects and find out who they used when they needed construction services. If you don’t have personal references, when you talk to a company ask to speak to clients they’ve worked with so you can learn about their experiences.
- Make sure the company you are considering is licensed and insured. This will give you some peace of mind that they can handle your job professionally and that you will be covered if there are any problems with the work. You should also ask about the experience of the people you’ll be working with and how long the company has been in business.
- Ask to see examples of projects they have done which are similar to yours.
- Ask for a project timeline. The company should be able to give you a timeline with milestones along the way. Compare timelines from different companies and make sure they make sense. If it seems too good or quick to be true, it probably is.
- Get at least three estimates for the work you need to get done and get them in writing. The lowest estimate won’t always be the best one, but price is definitely a big factor.
- Don’t pay for the entire project upfront. Make sure you only pay a down payment and don’t complete payment until your project is done to your satisfaction.
- Always read the contract carefully and don’t sign anything that has blank spaces or pages.
Accreditation and Ratings Overview
Select businesses earn BBB Accreditation by undergoing a thorough evaluation and upholding the BBB Accreditation Standards.